Team Reveal Party: Wednesday, April 12, 6:30pm Old Dad's
Tournament: Saturday, April 15, 8:00am first team
Scoring Social: --- Saturday, April 15, 6:00pm Old Dad's
Sunday, April 9
$35.00 + Green fees
Stableford Competitions are addressed in the Rules of Golf under Rule 32. Stableford is a form of stroke play and, with few exceptions, the rules for stroke play apply. Points are awarded as follows for this Shamble event:
Double Bogey or worse: minus 1 point
Bogey: 1 point
Par: 2 points
Birdie: 3 points
Eagle: 5 points
Each player will be assigned a point goal based on 36 minus their handicap x 90%. For example, if a player has a 10 handicap, 90% would be a playing handicap of 9 and their goal would be 36 – 9 = 27
points. Add up the point goals of the four players and you get the points goal of the team. The team with the most points over their goal wins. Each golfer will play from the tees they selected when signing up for the CGA.
The CGA will take all golfers in order of their handicaps and divide them into four groups to get the A, B, C, D teams. Then on Wednesday, April 12th we will hold a Reveal Party at the Old Dad's to announce the four man teams.
1. The tournament will be a "Shamble" format. Everyone tees off from their own tee and the team elects to play from the best tee ball. From that point on everyone plays their own ball into the hole. No gimmies - put them out.
2. This is a "gross score" event. No strokes or pops given, that's been factored into your team quota.
3. After a double bogey you can pick-up to help the pace of play.
4. Preferred lies between the tree lines.
5. Current bunker rules apply. All bunkers are in play and you are allowed to rake and place your ball -- within the bunker.
Prizes and Points:
1st Place Team: $125 per man; Points - 8 per man
2nd Place Team: $100 per man; Points - 7 per man
3rd Place Team: $60 per man; Points - 6 per man
4th Place Team: $35 per man; Points - 5 per man
5th Place Team: Removed due to not having a full field of 15 teams
All players receive 2 participation points for playing.
Scoring and Social:
Scoring and Prizes will be held at Old Dad's the evening of the tournament.