Saturday, March 25th As we did last year we would like to have as many 1st matches played this day as possible.
As soon as 56 members have signed up guaranteed registration will be suspended
$50.00 + Green fees
Individual Match Play - Pod Play
A. We will utilize a "Pod" system for this year's tournament, similar to the PGA's World Golf Championship.
B. This means if you are in the tournament, you will be guaranteed at least three matches as opposed to the "one and done" format we've used in previous years.
C. In order to utilize this format we need to cap the field at 64 golfers. To accommodate this, here is how registration will work:
1. Once we open registration the first 56 to register are in the tournament, at that time the booking system will shutdown and not allow any further bookings.
2. Anyone signing up after the first 56 will need to register for the March 4th play-in tournament to qualify for the last eight spots.
a. As an example: a total of 73 players express an interest in playing in Match Play.
b. The first 56 are in the tournament.
c. The remaining 17 players will play on March 4th to compete in a one day tournament
d. The format for the play-in will be a Low Net Score - full handicap event.
e. The top 8 finishers will then join the other 56 to fill the 64 player pod bracket.
f. The fee to enter the one day play-in will be $20, if player then qualifies for the field of 64,
their $20 would be applied toward the $50 Match Play entry fee.
******BECAUSE REGISTERING COULD BECOME VERY TIME SENSITIVE, ALL SIGNUPS MUST BE DONE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. TEXTS, E-MAILS, CONVERSATIONS IN THE BAR DO NOT CONSTITUTE A REGISTRATION.*******
D. Once the field of 64 has been set, we will blind draw the 16, 4 man pods.
E. Each player will compete in 3 individual matches against the other 3 players in their pod. A win is worth 3 points, a draw is worth 1 point and a loss is worth 0 points. The player with most points in that pod will then advance into the round of 16 bracket.
F. Once players reach the round of 16, the remainder of the tournament is a sudden death, "win or go home" format.
G. Tie breaker formats:
1. Play in tournament: 18,17,16 aggregate score. then 15.14.13; 12,11,10, and so on til a winner.
2. Pod Play rounds: Pod matches will not have tie breakers. If a match is tied, the match is a draw.
3. Pod winner: First – Head Up Winner, Second – Total of Win Differential, Third – Last three holes
of Head Up match and then on down
4. Round of 16 and beyond: No ties - sudden death going to Hole #1, strokes fall where they may.
Amounts TBD based on total registrants. Payouts will begin with the Pod winners
Each golfer gets two points for participating in Match Play.
Each golfer gets two points for each match won.