Team Reveal Party: Thursday, July 21, 6:30pm Pavilion
Tournament: Saturday, July 23, 8:00am first team
Scoring Social: --- Canceled
Monday, July 18
$35.00 + Green fees
Stableford Competitions are addressed in the Rules of Golf under Rule 32. Stableford is a form of stroke play and, with few exceptions, the rules for stroke play apply. Points are awarded as follows for this Shamble event:
Double Bogey or worse: minus 1 point
Bogey: 1 point
Par: 2 points
Birdie: 3 points
Eagle: 5 points
Each player will be assigned a point goal based on 36 minus their handicap x 90%. For example, if a player has a 10 handicap, 90% would be a playing handicap of 9 and their goal would be 36 – 9 = 27
points. Add up the point goals of the four players and you get the points goal of the team. The team with the most points over their goal wins. Each golfer will play from the tees they selected when signing up for the CGA - for this Shamble format all Super Seniors will play from the Gold tees.
The CGA will take all golfers in order of their handicaps and divide them into four groups to get the A, B, C, D teams. Then on Thursday, July 21st we will hold a Reveal Party at the Pavilion (beer and sandwiches will be provided) to announce the four man teams.
1. The tournament will be a "Shamble" format. Everyone tees off from their own tee and the team elects to play from the best tee ball. From that point on everyone plays their own ball into the hole. No gimmies - put them out.
2. This is a "gross score" event. No strokes or pops given, that's been factored into your team quota.
3. After a double bogey you can pick-up to help the pace of play.
4. Preferred lies only on second shot - where everyone plays from the best tee shot - the remainder of the hole will be played Playing the Ball Down with divots and washouts being the normal exception.
5. Current bunker rules apply. All bunkers are in play and you are allowed to rake and place your ball -- within the bunker.
Prizes and Points:
1st Place Team: $120 per man; Points - 10 per man
2nd Place Team: $90 per man; Points - 8 per man
3rd Place Team: $60 per man; Points - 6 per man
4th Place Team: $30 per man; Points - 4 per man
Prize dollars will be determined from total registrations.
Scoring and Social:
Postponed and will be held during CGA Cup instead. Scoring and Prizes will be held at Old Dad's immediately after the Putt Pirate.