Tournament: Saturday, April 24 -- POSTPONED, NEW DATE TBD
Draw Party: Thursday, April 22 at Old Dad's -- CANCELLED
Sunday, April 18
$35.00 + Green fees
Stableford Competitions are addressed in the Rules of Golf under Rule 32. Stableford is a form of stroke play and, with few exceptions, the rules for stroke play apply. Points are awarded as follows: 0 – Double Bogey or worse, 1 – Bogey, 2 – Par, 3 – Birdie, 5 – Eagle. Each player will be assigned a point goal based on 36 minus their handicap. For example, if a player has a 10 handicap then their goal is 36 – 10 = 26 points. Add up the points goal of the four players and you get the points goal of the team. The team with the most points over their goal wins. Each golfer will play from the tees they selected when signing up for the CGA.
The CGA will meet on Thursday, April 22nd at Old Dad's to conduct a blind draw from A, B, C, D team members. We will take all golfers in order of their handicaps and divide them into four groups to get the A, B, C, D team participants.
1. The tournament will be a "shamble". Everyone tees off from their own tee and the team elects to play from the best tee ball. From that point on everyone plays their own ball into the hole. No gimmies.
2. This is a "gross score" event. No strokes or pops given, that's been factored into your team quota.
3. There are no negative points in this game so once you've made double bogey you can pick-up to help the pace of play.
4. Favored lies will apply in this event.
5. Current bunker rules apply. All bunkers are in play and you are allowed to place your ball -- within the bunker.
Prizes and Points:
1st Place Team: $600/$150 per man; Points - 14 per man
2nd Place Team: $500/$125 per man; Points - 12 per man
3rd Place Team: $300/$75 per man; Points - 10 per man
4th Place Team: $200/$50 per man; Points - 8 per man
Prize dollars to be determined based on total registrations
Scoring and Social:
Scoring and prizes following golf in the Chestatee Square. The CGA will be providing a low country shrimp boil and beverages for all tournament participants and their guest.